Question

Filter criteria in BR generate different format

• 30 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Filter criteria of BR generated different code for different users in same organization. So, it is difficult to share the report among the organization. Is this known bug, limitation or are we use it with wrong settings? Could some one help.

Ex User A: In operation request comma separated list 

User B:  In operation request semicolon separated list 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @USLA ,

I found some insight from the web as below.

“By default, Excel uses the list separator defined under regional settings in Control Panel. The US English version of Excel uses a comma (,) for list separator by default, while other international versions may use a semicolon (;).”

Source :-  https://exceljet.net/glossary/list-separator

Could you please check the regional versions of both A and B users?

Best Regards,

Thiwanka

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

Business Reporter client uses list separator defined in Region Settings in Windows. 

Generally it should be possible to create a report in a computer that has comma (,) as the list separator and to share that report with a user who is using semi colon (;). Business Reporter has internal logic to handle this scenario. Therefore, the report should run without any issues in both computers.

Could you provide more details about the problem you are getting. 

Best regards,

Voshitha

Hi Voshitha,

I have check the regional settings of the user. is list separator is comma. But when he open report created by me, it says report contain design error. The error is the comma in the filter criteria as i mentioned above. Report works fine after it changes to semicolon for that user. It is really strange situation to understand. What kind of information do you expect?   

/

Best Regards

Usla

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Usla,

Please let me know the version of Business Reporter you are using. I will check if and when this is fixed. 

Best regards,

Voshitha