Solved

Enable history logging on quick reports

• 3 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

We are preparing for the upgrade from IFS9 to IFS10 and in the process we would like to clean up unused items as much as possible.

Over the years we have created a lot of quick reports and we lost track on their functionality and whether they are still used or not.

Is it possible to enable some sort of history logging on them so we can get an idea about who are still using them or at least get an insight on if and how many times reports are used?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Remy

icon

Best answer by Link 3 August 2023, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @RemyGeilvoet 

for quick reports no history logs exist. So you can’t track the usage of them.

Badge +1

Ok @Link , unfortunate to hear that. 

I guess we will then have to apply a more aggressive method and remove all rights and wait for any complaints. :)

Thanks for your reply.

Remy

Badge +3

Hi @RemyGeilvoet 

I’ve had a similar issue in the past. I know in IFS Apps 10 we have a view titled ‘QUICK_REPORT_LOG’ I’m not 100% sure if you have it in Apps9. If this view is accessible then you’ll be able to write a simple query to give you the results you require.

e.g. one I wrote in the past. This will simply display the quick_report_id of anything older then the value you enter.

SELECT DISTINCT QUICK_REPORT_LOG.quick_report_id--,QUICK_REPORT_LOG.description, QUICK_REPORT_LOG.executed, QUICK_REPORT_LOG.user_name
FROM ifsapp.QUICK_REPORT_LOG
WHERE QUICK_REPORT_LOG.quick_report_id NOT IN (
SELECT DISTINCT QUICK_REPORT_LOG.quick_report_id
FROM ifsapp.QUICK_REPORT_LOG
WHERE QUICK_REPORT_LOG.executed >= ADD_MONTHS(TRUNC(SYSDATE), -&Months)
)

Thanks

Ryan

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Afternoon Remy,

IFS Apps 10 EE provides an out-of-the-box solution for tracking who ran which report and when…

To see data on this page, you must first enable logging within the System Parameters as shown below... 

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an equivalent page in Apps 10 Aurena or IFS Cloud.

• Robin