Business Reporter 2 Information Source Issue

• 17 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19
  • Superhero (Partner)
  • 542 replies

Hello BR experts,

I have created a business reporter based on structure where I am trying to compare GL and IL Balances. Column HFM Balance is using source Internal Ledger Balance and Statutory Balance is using GL balance.

When I defined a filter for Ledger ID on HFM Balance column, report gives me error shown on the screen shot.

The only way to apply a filter is on cell level. But I am afraid it will reduce report generation time if I apply filter for each cell in the report.

Basically my question is how to enter the filter that will bypass this error?

Thanks

Furkan

icon

Best answer by gumabs 22 January 2024, 09:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @12Guide_PaulB 

Do you have any idea how to resolve this? I saw your comments for business reporter topics therefore i wanted to tag you.

Thanks

Badge +1

Hi gumabs,

The reason for the above error is that DIM_INTERNAL_LEDGER.CODE is not available in the information source ‘GL Balance’. If there are multiple information sources used in a BR report, the Dimensions used in column filters need to be available in information sources used in a sheet. Since it is required to filter HFM Balance by DIM_INTERNAL_LEDGER.CODE by IFRS, as a workaround I can suggest having Internal Ledger Balance (HFM Column) in a separate tab, and from there you can have a vlookup and then get the values to the HFM column in the main tab to check the difference with Statutory Balances. Meaning you can have 2 tabs, 

1st tab to show Statutory Balance using GL balance.

2nd tab to show IL Balance using Internal Ledger Balance

Let me know if the above works or if you need further help in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Sashikala 

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @SashikalaP 

I used another work around. I applied additional filter for cell level on HFM Balance cells. It worked

Thanks

Badge +1

Hello @SashikalaP 

I used another work around. I applied additional filter for cell level on HFM Balance cells. It worked

Thanks

Great to hear that you were able to solve it!

Cheers

Sashikala

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello @gumabs 

I am having the same issue, trying to create a BR with 2 information sources, can you explain the solution you found using filter on cell level plz ?

Thank you

Tanya

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @MelTanyaS 

In my case I am comparing IL and GL balances. IL balance requires ledger ID. Therefore I applied additional filter on cell level. Select the cell and enter filter criteria like below. You need to do this for each cell. Therefore I recommend firstly designing very first row with all required filters and colors etc then copy/past design row.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello @gumabs,

Thanks for your reply ; was wondering from which information source you get your GL balance and your IL balance ? are the sources different ? if yes, how did you combine both ? 

Thank you

Tanya

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @MelTanyaS 

You cannot get both GL and IL balances from single source. You must use 2 information sources.