Question

BR report level execution parameter - enable optimizer features

• 27 August 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi All,

To increase the performance of the published BR report, we can enable optimizer features for the SQL statement by using the BR report level execution parameter window’s hint field. I have tested the performance of a BR report that is available in a production environment. It seems the report will execute quickly after enabling optimizer features. Without that, it took more time. By using the database, I have compiled the SQL statements with and without query optimizer statements. In there also the statement which hasn't optimizer hint was consumed more time to run.

A screen shot from non-production environment

When I trying to order the same report from a non-production environment, it takes more time. But the same optimizer feature statement is there. I suspect that the existing oracle release number of the optimizer feature statement(10.2.0.5) is not compatible with the non-production environment. Here also I have checked the SQL statement by using the database. But it was very slow under both methods.

If my direction is wrong or you have any clear idea about this issue please let me know. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Thiwanka Sandaruwan

This topic has been closed for comments