Solved

BR Report - Excel Chart in Separate work sheet

• 3 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I’ve inserted a chart in a Business Reporter report.  I added the chart as a separate tab.  When I do this, the report doesn’t seem to work.  Are charts only able to be embedded in the same worksheet, not a separate worksheet from the source information?

icon

Best answer by NiyomalN 3 August 2023, 16:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Seems like this is an excel function. I found this on the internet you can give it a try and see. once the data is populated its a matter of linking that data into a new sheet to I believe 

“When you first create a chart in Microsoft Excel, it is placed in the currently focused worksheet. The default position may be convenient for referencing existing data while viewing the chart, but it can also be cramped on a data-inundated page. However, Microsoft Excel grants you the convenient option in Chart Tools to move this chart to a new sheet, which also enlarges it for easier viewing.”

1.Click anywhere on the chart. This opens the Chart Tools at the top of the window.

2.Click "Move Chart" at the far right of the Chart Tools section.

3.Click "New Sheet" and enter the name for your new sheet in the field provided.

4.Click "OK" to move the chart to a new sheet.

Kind Regards!

Niyomal.

Badge +1

Thank you very much @NiyomalN. I will try this out.