Solved

BR Execution Server error- Template has design errors 2

• 21 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

any idea how to solve this?

If I run the report in BR Server manually in the BR Client- then it works without any issue.

Template DREHPLAN_2 has design errors.View the trace data for more details

.Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A03EC): Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
   at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
   at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.PivotTable.set_SourceData(Object )
   at Ifs.Application.Br.ExcelInterface.Vsto.ExcelPivotTable.SetSourceData(String sourceData, String sheetName)
   at Ifs.Application.Br.Rendering.ReportExecutionUtil.CreateNonBaPivots(IExcelWorksheet excelSheet, ReportSheet reportSheet)
   at Ifs.Application.Br.Rendering.ReportExecutionUtil.SortReportSheets(Exception& exception)

icon

Best answer by AlexSkupien 22 February 2022, 15:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @AlexSkupien

Can you please check the below points in the respective BRES.

• Check whether the following folders exist in the specified location.
    <<Refer attachment - ScreenShot1>>
  • In Services check whether the “IFS BR Execution Server” service is given an administrative account.
    <<Refer attachment - ScreenShot2>>

If the above is not configured, then there is a higher tendency to encounter the specified error.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Bhagya

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Bhagya,

the folders exist and the Service is started with the administrator account.

There is no problem for other reports.

In the error folder there is a xlsx. If I open it, the report is not executed. 

Is it because initially the setting “Remove Connection to IFS business reporter when using BR execution server” was not set?? We activated the checkbox and republished the report already.

BR,
Alex

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @AlexSkupien,

No, it’s not because of the option “Remove Connection to IFS business reporter when using BR execution server”. When the report is processed via BRES and opened via excel the tab “IFS Business Reporter” will not be visible.

What is the BRES version used ? and can you please specify the specs of the server (in which BRES installed)?

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Bhagya,

the tab “IFS Business Reporter” is visible when I open the xlsx from the errorReport folder as you can see above.

Business Reporter 5.0.17 is used.

Where can I see the Version of the BRES?

BRES is installed on a Windows Server 2012 R2

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
  1. the compatible BR Execution server version for BR version 5.0.17 is 2.0.10
  2. You can see the version in Control Panel → Programs and Features window
    BRES version
    ​​
  3. Please note that you cannot have BRES and Business Reporter client installed in the same machine (this restriction came after BR version 5.0.12)
  4. Do your report contains a Pivot table that returns no data? There is a fix for such issue is released with BR version  5.0.20  http://lcs.corpnet.ifsworld.com/login/secured/buglnw/BlBug.page?BUG_ID=157613
Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Vositha,

Control Panel does not show the BRES in Programms and features. It is running as a service only.

Please note that you cannot have BRES and Business Reporter client installed in the same machine (this restriction came after BR version 5.0.12)

According to you there is a Restriction, so I uninstalled the BR Reporter…

Now the console says the following:

So seems like we have a strange constellation- I check the last delivered BRES.msi and it came with update 9- can you see, whether bres 2.0.10has been included in APPS10 UPD9?

BR,
Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

OMG

It was so simple.

Yesterday I had to check sth with ifsapp using the english login...had no design error yesterday.

Today withe the german login the design errors are back. 

Switched back to english and everythings works fine. So a workaround exists.

I will create a Case for IFS to solve this for every login language.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

Please check if this information helps 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/007_br_and_a/010_IFS_Business_Reporter/030_br_execution_server/050_Known_Limitations.htm#Host_with_Non-English_Locale

For your previous question: 

The version released with Apps 10 UPD 9 as below,

BR Client - 5.0.17

BRES - 2.0.10

Bug id - 154923 (http://lcs.corpnet.ifsworld.com/login/secured/buglnw/BlBug.page?BUG_ID=154923

Best regards,

Voshitha