Question

BR Execution Report Server

• 7 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

When we run our BR reports we are getting the following error message appearing on the IFS Business Reporter execution Server Console:

Failed to start Excel Application , Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)). , 

Template rendering Exception:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object., . 
Error not related to report design. Therefore report not saved to error folder. 
Last successful execution log entry: Failed to start Excel Application , Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)). , 

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, I’m wondering if you found a solution for the issue.

I’m having the following error for just one of the users in her machine and our terminal server for the same user. I wonder if it’s the same cause…

************** Exception Text **************

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004004): Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))

at Microsoft.Office.Core.COMAddIn.set_Connect(Boolean RetValue)

at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.AddInManager.GetConnectionAddInObject()

at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.AddInManager.SetConnectionAddInProperty(String name, Object[] values)

at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.MainWorkbook.ThisWorkbook_Startup(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Office.Tools.Excel.WorkbookImpl.OnStartup()

at Microsoft.Office.Tools.Excel.WorkbookImpl.WorkbookExtensionImpl.Microsoft.Office.Tools.EntryPoint.OnStartup()

at Microsoft.Office.Tools.Excel.WorkbookBase.OnStartup()

at Ifs.Application.ExcelReporter.MainWorkbook.FinishInitialization()

at Microsoft.Office.Tools.Excel.WorkbookBase.Microsoft.Office.Tools.EntryPoint.FinishInitialization()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.ExecuteCustomization.ExecutePhase(ExecutionPhases executionPhases)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.ExecuteCustomization.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.Interop.IExecuteCustomization2.ExecuteEntryPoints()

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @mlcscottonn ,

This may happen due to several reasons. Can I know the BR client version and BRES version you are using?

At the same time please follow the following steps that would resolve some BRES errors.

- Stop BAES

- In a test machine, please create a folder named Desktop. The folder should be found in the following location:

For 32 bit OS

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop

For 64 bit OS

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Desktop

Best Regards,
Dilmi.