Solved

BR - Adding Dimension to FACT table

• 14 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello, 

Some advice or how to guide on adding a dimension(s) to an existing FACT table.

We would like to use FACT_IL_ACCOUNT_BALANCE table for Business Reporter, we have also recently started using Accounting Structures from which the dimensions from accounting structures do not exit on the main FACT table or the underlying database view (as a persistent field)

I believe we have to add the dimension to the FACT as below

From the existing set of dimensions here

Any ideas or help as to what I need to do to join/link the DIM_ACC_STRUCT_ACCOUNT to the existing FACT_IL_ACCOUNT_BALANCE table?

Any guidance appreciated 

Thanks,
Rob

icon

Best answer by Thiwanka Sandaruwan 14 January 2022, 12:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Robby C ,

Please refer the below documentation to get an idea about how to add a dimension to an information source(fact).

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/010_Information_Sources/055_custom_objects/020_Custom_Dim_Connections/010_cust_dim_conn_ovw.htm

As well as you can refer to some examples from the below documentation.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/010_Information_Sources/055_custom_objects/020_Custom_Dim_Connections/020_cust_dim_conn_ex.htm

Best Regards,

Thiwanka

Badge +2

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply Thiwanka!

Do we have to use Custom Dimension Connections even for the out of the box dimensions already listed within the application Information Sources (second screenshot in my original email)?

Thanks again, 

Rob

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Robby C ,

Yes, the recommended way is to add a new dimension(standard dimension/quick dimension) to an information source via Custom Dimension Connections.

Best Regards,

Thiwanka

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Folks can you please guide me on where to find the Custom Dimension Connections? is it under Information Sources in the explorer? 

Do I need a specific permission to see it? what is that permission?

Thanks