Question

barcode issue in ifs

• 22 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

I have two reports having barcode one is quick crystal report and other one is order report with crystal layout. In quick crystal report barcode is showing in ifs but in order report it is not showing in system. 

Please suggest solution.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Pardeep Saini

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

1. Check if you get data to the field that you use for the Barcode in OR.
  2. Check  if the report is designed according to the guidelines set in the  IFS developer guide. (no aliases are used, no cr_web_init stored procedures are used, only report views _REP are used etc.)
  3. Open the layout from Crystal Report Designer and login to the same runtime DB and login as IFSPRINT and check if you can preview the barcode. Then try to export it to PDF and see if that works.
  4. If you are using 2 different barcode types from different vendors, then maybe the needed dlls, fonts are not installed in the Crystal Web Service.
  5. In QR the report is RPT format and in OR the report is in PDF format. So it can be an issue with the 3rd party barcodes dlls and the 3rd party Crystal Report .net runtime dlls. Maybe there is an incompatibility issue when exporting to PDF. In this case you will have to check with your barcode vendor for more help.

Regards,

Chanaka

Badge +5

Hi Chanaka, 

Report is per ifs guidelines but when try to open report in ifs then get barcode as 

*3860484*

Please suggest solution

Barcode font is already installed on crystals engine

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi

When you say “Barcode font is already installed on crystals engine” I hope it’s the machine where the Crystal Web Service is installed.

Make sure that the font is installed using a administrator user.

Also try exporting to PDF as I suggested before and check if that comes out properly (3)

Badge +5

already done this setting. still issue is there

Regards

Pardeep Sani

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try the other steps specially step 3. Maybe it’s an issue in exporting to PDF.