Solved

Apps9 Lobby element - data source 4 decimal places but element only 2

• 12 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi All,

I’m creating a List element to show the intrastat rate on our lobby. The data source is to 4 decimal places, however the list element is defaulting to 2 decimal places. Is there a way to change this as we really need to have 4 decimal places on the lobby? The navigation to source data is being turned off as we don’t want everyone getting into the financials of IFS

The preview image of the element
The data source details

icon

Best answer by Minoshini Fonseka 30 April 2021, 10:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

The data exactly in the tables are shown in the SQL data source . In the LOBBY element preview the decimal points should be taken from Regional settings (Tools→ Options→ Regional Settings → check the currency  format). This is considered for normal windows also. You may change the regional settings and check the change.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks Dumeesha,

However our Regional Settings are set to six decimal places for all users. Do you have any other ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @sholmes,

Have you used the column type as Decimal? So here is my example.. 

Figure 1 :Number as the type

You can get this..

Figure 2
Figure 3

But if you use decimal, it will be as follows.. That means in 2 decimal places like in your example.

Figure 4

Figure 5

If the data set is originally with 4 decimal places (according to the SQL data source image you have added), you may try number as the type. Then you will be able to get the values as expected.

Again..
Let me show you another tip..
This is for a situation like when we get different decimal places for each values as shown in Figure 2 and Figure 3, you can try the formatting to round the value for a given decimal place. In here, I gave it as 5..

So you can get the values very neatly..

I hope this helps.. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thank you for the above - it was set to number originally but I’ve changed it to decimal and I’ve had no changes. I don’t appear to have the same formatting options that you show in your screen shot, maybe because I’m Apps9? I’ve got round this issue by setting up a count box for each rate and displaying it on the lobby that way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thank you for the above - it was set to number originally but I’ve changed it to decimal and I’ve had no changes. I don’t appear to have the same formatting options that you show in your screen shot, maybe because I’m Apps9? I’ve got round this issue by setting up a count box for each rate and displaying it on the lobby that way.

Hi @sholmes ,

Yes. you are right.. There are lesser options in APP9. If the original values are with 4 decimals, then you may try text as the type, just for the viewing purpose. So it would not limit the numbers displaying. Lobby is all about displaying data. So, technically this change would do no harm.. 

You have already have found a way.. you may try if you are interested. Thanks ..

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks you @Minoshini Fonseka, just tried this to see if changing to text worked and it did. I’ll know for next request.