Question

Instant invoice upload

• 18 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi all

Anyone have any ideas on how to upload multiple data or line items in an instant invoice in IFS cloud?

We have approximately 50–60 lines per invoice, and it takes too much time to post the same.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Where do have the information of what is to be entered on the instant invoice lines?

If you have the invoice information somewhere else, you could think of using external file templates to bring in larger invoices via excel for example. These would then be external customer invoices. Although, I haven’t tried myself uploading instant invoices but do not see why it wouldn’t be possible as there is an option to enter invoice type into the template. 

Do you usually make similar invoices with the same lines? One option in this case would be to use instant invoice templates if there are similar invoices. You could then always use the template to have default lines already on the invoice. 

One option also that comes into mind is to copy lines from previous similar invoices if creating a template is not an option. 

Badge +4

do you have any SOP or process how to use upload instant inv details pls share 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I do not have existing documentation of that specific process as the external file module functionality is extensive. But you have an existing external file template named ‘’STDCIN1’’ that you can copy to use as a base of the new template. You are able to copy the template and modify the template according to your needs and information that you have. With that you are able to set the header and line level information that you have stored for example in excel. Then you could upload the excel as CSV or txt file and the system would use the parameters set for the template to recognize the information and record the instant invoice into the system as external customer invoice.