Why is an Inactive Employee displayed as a Supervisor

• 9 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 117 replies

Hello,

We have an inactive employee showing as a Supervisor.  Does anyone know if there a place that this can be changed?  In the print screen below, RANDYS is an inactive employee but is displayed as a supervisor for AKEWLY.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi, what version and update is this? It looks like there are many supervisors listed… 

One reason could be that the organization assignment is still valid.. But there is also a bug in IFS 10 update 11 that makes old managers come alive again…

//maria

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello, @ADDMARIAE 

When I reactivate RANDYS, there is no organization or position assignment shown.

This is Apps 10, UPD9.

Do you by any chance have any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Joann

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jtobin,

I have found a fix (ID - 157781) which belongs to UPD 12 that might resolve this reported issue. Please raise a a case to IFS Support with the required details.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello Joann,

I hope you have this invalid supervisor in authorization window as well.  We had this issue reported for UPD9 too. If this employee is terminated using Employee terminated assistant,  the issue will be solved with above mentioned bug which will be based on the UPD12. 

Other than the visibility of this unwanted information, this won’t give any errors for the standard functionalities.

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I actually have the same issue with one of my customers. They have an employee that at one point was in a Supervisor Position and setup on the Supervisor Access window. The employee switched to a new position and they deleted the records from the Supervisor Access window. However, the employee still shows up as a Supervisor (on the Employee File) even though the Supervising Position assignment is expired and there are no records on the Supervisor Access window. 

They are currently on Apps 10 UPD9. To me this looks like a bug since the the Supervising Position Assignment is not valid and there are not Supervisor Access results anymore. Any ideas? Should I have them open a case with IFS?

In the below example, Kelly O’Shea was in the Supervising Position for Jonathan. However, that Position Assignment was changed and is no longer valid. However, he still shows as the Supervisor for Jonathan even though the position assignment is no longer valid and there are no records on the Supervisor Access. I am not sure why the database is not updating the Supervisor field on the Summary tab.

Kelly OShea is showing up at the Supervisor for Jonathan Esquir-Davis:

Here is the Kelly O’Shea’s assignment tab (notice that the older Supervising Position is not valid anymore):

This is the Supervisor Access window for Kelly O’Shea (notice no records are entered because the customer deleted them):

Any help would be appreciated. I wasn’t sure if the Original Poster’s question had been resolved with the fix that was mentioned for UPD12.

Thank you,

Nik Kumar

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Nik_K We are currently at UPD11 and will be going to UPD13 in the next few months so I won’t be able to give any feedback on the bug fix in UPD12  until that time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks, @jtobin. We are having the customer open a case with IFS Support since this looks like a bug. I reached out to an IFS contact directly and he mentioned that he had heard a lot of issues with UPD 9 and he thinks it could be a bug too. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Nik_K  Hopefully IFS will confirm that it will be fixed for your customer in UPD12!