Question

Unpredicted application error in time card day

• 25 February 2022
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else had ever encountered this error.  I’ve never seen it before and we are heavy users of IFS time clock and deviation days.  We are on Apps10 update 7.

The employee worked from 4AM to 2:30 yesterday, in normal and out normal clockings from the time clock terminal.  Result was calculated normally.   He tried to add one of our deviation days to yesterday for “no lunch” to add back 30 minutes and got this vague “unpredicted IFS APPLICATION error” on the interval tab. The Result tab was wiped out and calc status was Closed.  We tried recalculating, did not help.  He then removed the deviation day, the result tab recalculated.  Tried to add the deviation day again and the error returned.  Having trouble reproducing this in our test environment.

15 replies

Badge +3

Did you ever find a solution to this?  We’re experiencing the same problem in a test environment after restoring our PROD data.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello, no I never heard back from  IFS on this. I didn’t create a case because I couldn’t reproduce it.  As far as I know, it only happened once. The employee had forgotten to punch out so the out-clocking was added manually, then the deviation day added and the error came up.  We ended up removing the deviation day and adjusting the result tab manually to put the lunch break back.  Let me know if you are able to reproduce it.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @reimccabe , @jlandon296 ,

Not sure if you have already folowed the below steps. If not, please check if you get the same error by following the below steps.?

Go to any date of time card day having no records.

Add the deviation day you mentioned.

Add the relevant time interval 4 am to 2:30 pm and save. 

If there is no error, then try to enter clockings using clocking tab for another day . After that, add the deviation day and see if you get the error.

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Lasanthi, we are not in the habit of adding deviation days ahead of time, and normally it’s not practical because they don’t know for example that they are going to work through lunch that day.  Our hourly employees are required to use time clock, so would not be adding their hours manually either.  We’ve had no other instances of this that I’m aware of.  If it happens again I’ll update the post, or create a case.  

Mary

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello 

We get similar issue form time to time. Without going in to the details, did anyone found a solution? It looks like Time Card gets corrupted to the point that no matter what adjustments are made it cannot be fixed and error stays. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Arturas, we do not have a solution but as far as I know it has not recurred and I couldn’t reproduce it. We are getting UPD17 so hopefully that provides more stability.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I came across this error in timecard day for an employee who was connected to a resource detail with resource type “Person” and the calendar connected to the resource was in NotGenerated state.

Once I generated the calendar or used a different calendar in generated state, the error in time card  day went away after an RMB - Recalculate.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello 

We get similar issue form time to time. Without going in to the details, did anyone found a solution? It looks like Time Card gets corrupted to the point that no matter what adjustments are made it cannot be fixed and error stays. 

I came across this error in timecard day for an employee who was connected to a resource detail with resource type “Person” and the calendar connected to the resource was in NotGenerated state.

Once I generated the calendar or used a different calendar in generated state, the error in time card  day went away after an RMB - Recalculate.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

forgot to mention that you get this error when you create an absence record in time card day. It does not happen when you key in Normal in or Normal out in Time card day...workaround is to generate the calendar connected to the employee resource detail

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Roy 

Thanks, great findings. While I was able to fix few time cards using your method. I have few others that do not have calendar at all in resource detail, (we use “Use HR Schedule” there). I tried switching calendars there and removing said “Use HR Schedule” option, but even then after recalculating error in time card remains. I believe it is connected somehow to “Deviation day” as few remaining cases do have deviation  days, however removing those days did not help. 

Anyhow I have active case with IFS support and glad that at least we can resolve some of these issues :) If I get a solution I will post the update here too. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Roy, all of our person resources were added automatically by the Apps10 upgrade and we never modified them.  We don’t use the calendar feature at all, so that did not cause our issue.

@ArturasVit On the original error we had, the user did have a deviation day too so that could very well be connected.  The issue has not recurred for us as far as I know.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, this error recurred today under different circumstances.  An employee had clocked in and out normally on 6/19 and got the “unpredicted IFS application error” on the interval tab.  No deviation day was involved.  The result tab was blank and the calc status closed.  Recalculating did not help.  

In the end I asked the supervisor to add the result manually and that changed the calc status to Completed and he was able to authorize.  The error is still there on the interval tab.  So it could not figure out how to calculate a result for some reason.  

@ArturasVit you mentioned you had created a case, did anything come of that?

Mary

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @reimccabe 

Yes, I had a case and the solution was to “Recalculate” the days in “Time Card”. However this only works way after the fact, recalculation did not work initially, but worked only after few weeks passed. This was not ideal fix because we need to close month and at that time we still had these corrupted days hanging on. 

This is the response I got at the closure of the case:

“I have further discussed the generic error text 'Unpredicted IFS APPLICATION error' with RnD in finding a solution for the user's visibility from the application end, however as given feedback there is currently no possibility to find the errors that are caught given that they maybe due to various unexpected reasons such as database errors, bugs, setup configurations and etc which does not appear clearly.

Therefore the suggested is to report us a new case once you come up with the error again so that we can trace it technically for the root cause of it next time.”

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

OK, thanks for letting me know.  We have to fix these problems same day so waiting to recalculate isn’t an option.  I’ll keep an eye out for timecards in a state of closed. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, we’re going to apply UPD20 and I saw this bug 166205 that’s in the TIMREP component. The title is the same as the error.  @Roy Almeida can you provide the full details of the bug ID?  I still can’t reproduce it so I can’t really test it but thought this looked promising.