Solved

Travel Request Configuration - Approval Flow

• 14 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi all, 

I have an issue regarding travel request configuration.

My customer’s workflow :

• Employee creates a travel request 
  • Supervisor needs to approve
  • Finance approves the advance payment (if requested)
  • Employee converts the travel request into an expense sheet (then supervisor and finance approve)

When i create a travel request, the approval workflow is not generated. Thus, i can’t approve the travel request. For demonstration purposes, i am not using an approval workflow for the moment.

The travel request is blocked at the “confirmed” status. Open for any ideas to solve this issue.

Below my setup :

Access Attribute :

Travel Request blocked without approval

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Nayomi Kariyawasam 17 May 2022, 05:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Is there a supervisor for this employee?
Does the access for the supervisor has the correct access to the employee  (Supervisor - Access Setup or Position - Acess Setup) and the correct Access Role?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

Yes, this employee has been used for the travel expense workflow. I was able to create the expense sheet, then approve it/authorize it.

As an admin, i do have the specific access roles/setup for the expense sheet. Should i setup anything else ? 

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

If the acess setup is correct (while the access setup for travel request is a different attribute than for travel expenses), I only had this issue once, when I did not had a direct supervisor for this employee.

Then it might halp, if in graphical organisation sturcture, the way to find the next supervisor is not the standard, but “or above” setup.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @ATarBPT ,

In the Travel request configuration first supervisor means the direct supervisor of the employee. Firstly please check who is the direct supervisor of this employee. Then you need to connect the access attribute “APPROVAL” to this supervisory access setup, this can be either position access or organizational access. 

Then check whether the approval process is working correctly. If not please raise a case to support team.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nayomi