Question

Timeclock error ongoing absence.

• 14 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi all,

Apps 10.

An employee returns from absence so his ongoing absence is ticked. He tries to clock in on time clock via card params but it returns.

First thought it was a permissions issue so gave the employee & timeclock user IFSAPP access but the error still appears.

Then tried a reboot of the timeclock machine and that did nothing.

Then created a manual entry under IFSAPP to time card day which took a while but did work.

This ended the ongoing absence correctly as it should stop the ongoing absence when a clock in is registered.

Deleted the clock in and tried again on timeclock and it allows the clock in normally.

So the error message is popping up because it is not allowing the ongoing absence to end however it doesnt appear to be a permissions issue?

Note. This happens infrequently and there is no consistency i.e works fine most of the time and then one random employee gets this problem but it is very difficult to debug anything on timeclock?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

This is because the access role the Time Clock user / person is connected to doesn’t have enough access. When an employee clocks in after an absence and the absence is removed on that day, the whole absence period is recalculated. Sometimes part of the absence might already have been authorized - or even transferred. When the recalculation is made it actually removes and puts the authorization back. 

This means that Time Clock user / person must have an access role with authorization rights…. or at least have the rights to remove authorization.

I normally create a separate access role that I grant to my Time clock persons. What access do they have now? NO_AUTH? Normally it is not enough.

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Maria,

Thanks for reply. Ok, checking on the timeclock user i did see that those permissions were not enabled. I would have thought IFSAPP_ALL access would have sorted this as a test but those grants are not enabled either so have granted recalcuate, authorise to the Timeclock permission.

So will see how it goes and if the problem recurs.

Many Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

hi again,

Please note I am not talking about permission sets - this concerns access roles in HR. I attach a screen shot with an example.

Regards,

Maria