Question

Timeclock and Shop Floor Workbench Clock

• 26 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

We are going from Apps8 to IFS Cloud 22R1.

We see an issue with the fact that anyone that anyone has the ability to clock an employee in/out on the timeclock or clock an employee in/out of a job.

This can happen as an accident (if selecting from the drop down and mistakenly click on wrong one) or intentionally (if employee number known or by utilizing the drop down.)

Has anyone else seen this as an issue? If so, were there any solutions/work arounds for this?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

In Time Clock you have several options to prevent employees clocking on an other employee number. We normally use these:

• You can disable the LOV for emp no (remove it in Time Clock Type Detail Items)
  • You can force the use of a card / tag on the buttons where emp_no is the only entry (tic the box “card driven” in Time Clock Type Details)

How did you do it in IFS8? You can probably do the same in IFS Cloud.

Regards,

Maria

Badge +4

Per Kevin (my IT person) he stated: 

I tested the two below solutions with no luck.  In the first screenshot I searched all the “Empno” list of values.  I then set all of them to Hide List of Values to see if it would work.  There are 36 of these and I was planning to work my way backwards and removing the “Hide” until I found the right one.  Unfortunately with having all of them hidden I could still type in the Time Clock In field and get the full list of users.

With the second set of pictures we already had “Card Driven Execution” set on everything except for the SSCL Time Clock Types.  The SSCL should not drive the Time Clock screen for employees.  It should only be the TIMREP types that should be involved.  I did find two in-out and two timecard types so I did attempt to change those to card driven execution with no luck. 

I did refresh all the server cache options in between all of these and attempted clearing browser cookies.  I will read the documentation on the time clock to see if I missed something but the solutions below do not solve our issue of seeing the employee list.

Badge +4

Badge +4