Question

Time Clock Terminal - Error

• 29 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi All,

When using the Time Clock terminal, a user swipes the card using the Time Clock Device to register an Absence Request and the IFS Application should fetch the Employee Number.

Instead the user gets the below error.
“Wrong employee number. [xxxxxxx]”

Any clues on why this happens?

Best Regards,
Thanushi

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Looks like the Employee Card parameters are not set correctly. I guess the number shown in  the dialogue is the card number and not an employee number?

Each Time Clock user must be connected to a parameter set. How the parameters should be set depends on the content on the card and the configuration of the card reader.

Regards,

Maria

Example:

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ADDMARIAE,

Thanks a lot for the response.

It seems to be an employee number. As per the information I received from the customer these users are not IFS users but time clock users. However, I have checked in the employee file and it seems to have been set up correctly.

The number shown in the error message is the Employee ID which I have erased in red in the below screen capture.

Employee card parameters also have been set up correctly.

Best Regards,
​​​​​​​Thanushi​​​​​​​

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

The settings for “company id  derived from” doesn’t look ok. You can’t derive company ID from the same positions are you fetch card number.

Do you really have company id on the card? If not the settings there should be 0 / 0

Regards,

Maria