Question

Time Clock Absence - Access Attribute

• 1 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello 

Recently we had to update out Timeclock accounts from using “Position ID” to using “Role ID”. Few days after we noticed that in Employee “Time Card Day → Interval” system no longer registers “Out Date”, “Out Time” and “Out Time Type”. Does automatic Absence “Out Date, Time and Time Type” requires Timeclock account to have “Role Id” with specific “Access Attributes”? We can see that “Position ID” used by the Timeclock accounts before had “Absence Plan” & “Absence Request” Attributes.

Thanks for all your answers 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

That you changed to giving access by a role has got nothing to do with whether Out date/time is set or not.

The reason for that is that you should never give Time Clock persons access through a position since they then appear as managers in IFS.

The out date and time for open absence will be set within 24 hours dependning on how your back ground job “Forward absence” is scheduled

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

That you changed to giving access by a role has got nothing to do with whether Out date/time is set or not.

The reason for that is that you should never give Time Clock persons access through a position since they then appear as managers in IFS.

The out date and time for open absence will be set within 24 hours dependning on how your back ground job “Forward absence” is scheduled

Hi ADDMARIAE

Thanks for you answer. Yes we did change Access from Position to Role for the reason of clock accounts becoming a supervisor (this was upgrade from app 8 to 10). Could you point out where this “forward absence” setting is? I’m very new in to the role and IFS is brand new experience for me :) 

Also if employee absence out themselfs before the end of the day does out time only register after the end of the day based on their schedule (for example, absence out before 3PM, then system will only update absence  Out Date/Time/Time Type after 3PM as soon as background job finishes running)? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

The scheduled task for forward absence will “close” all absences up until sysdate-1 I think. So it will not close today’s open absences until after midnight.

I am not sure if this was changed in some update..maybe… because I also remember it closed all absences also today.

You can check how often the scheduled task is set to run in the overview “Scheduled tasks”

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello 

Thanks for the help with this “situation”. As we discovering now, background jobs are run by the IFSAPP user account, apparently when IFSAPP have no Access in Graphical Organization Structure besides having HR App. Manager box ticked in Supervisor Access Setup background jobs for some reason do not process all the absences. We temporary added IFSAPP Access to the top of the Organizational Structure (which makes it a Supervisor), if everything works fine we will then assign a new Position for IFSAPP and grant Position Access via Position Access Setup.