Question

Time Card Basic Data Setup

• 5 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi All,

We are getting ready to welcome our 2021 class of interns in a month or so, and I wanted to set up IFS so they can log their work time. Ideally they would use the Time Card – Day screen in IFS and I would be able to run a report for HR so they can process the payroll. As I read through all the information I can find, it seems that there is basic data that needs to be set up on the back end in order to do this. I was wondering if any one has already gone through this process and would be willing to share their set up or work instructions. I was able to put in time as a test in MIGR, but I’m getting all sorts of errors trying to confirm and/or authorize the time.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Michael

In order to understand the issue clearly, further information is required.Could you please let me know

1. whether you have used manual clocking or IFS clocking (generated clocking) to report time?
  2. What is the status of Time Card - Day? Is there any error message in Interval Tab?
  3. What type of errors you are getting when trying to confirm and/or authorize the time?

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@MadushaDissanayake 

Thanks for the response. I worked on this some more today and I was able to figure out the errors on confirming and authorizing the time. 

We have not used manual clockings in IFS previously. We have used time registration for projects, work orders, and shop time. I just simply want a regular time card to track hours. Nothing will be billable and I don’t want it to create any transactions. I just want it for the payroll side. It seems to connect to schedules and how they are set up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Michael,

Great! Thank you for letting me know.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha