Solved

Terminate Employee Valid Former Employee Group

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Trying to terminate an employee in Apps9, we have made no system changes but getting the below message. From debug it seems to be from the Former Employee Group - but there is no valid to date on the group. Any thoughts.

icon

Best answer by Zbigniew Lakowski 4 June 2021, 10:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Matthew ,

Can you please check whether there is a date entered to the  ‘Trans to’ field in relevant employee access group?

Also, please check whether you get the same error when you run the termination wizard from an employee with HR Application Manager access?

Best Regards,

Sachin

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi,

This is not a familiar error. Could you please cross check the validity of the organization unit the employee was attached to (in Graphical Organization Structure window)  and valid to date given under former employee parameters in Terminate Employment.

If this does not help please raise a case to IFS Support with details followed.

Thank you,

Dhananga

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Matthew ,

in addition to the above comments also check whether the user whos doing the termination is included as a Supervisor to the Former Employees Group. Also, if you have entered a future termination date, make sure it’s within the date range. 

BR,

Ruwanjala

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Matthew ,

Can you please check whether there is a date entered to the  ‘Trans to’ field in relevant employee access group?

Also, please check whether you get the same error when you run the termination wizard from an employee with HR Application Manager access?

Best Regards,

Sachin

Hi - I can not see Employee Access Groups as shown above on the navigator. What is the path?

I have HR Manager access and it does not work. I have also just granted access to myself via Former Employee access set-up.

but still no luck,

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Matthew,

Just some thoughts on this based on the description appearing in the error.

Can you cross check the valid from and valid to dates appearing in below windows? Please check whether valid from & valid to date in relevant access group is greater than the same validity defined for relevant organization unit. 

Note: Refer the Employee Access Group relevant to particular employee. 

Best Regards

Sugandi 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi All,

Thanks for the help and support.

I can not find Employee Access groups. What is its path on the Navigator?

Thanks,

Matt

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Matthew,

It is in below path,

Best Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Matthew ,

Apologies. I thought this is in Apps10. Employee Access Group window is a functionality in Apps10. It would be better if you could raise a support ticket for the issue since seems like a detailed investigation is required to identify the root cause of the error you are getting.

Best Regards,

Sachin

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Matthew,

‘Employee Access Group’ was introduced in APP10 and isn’t available in APP9. In APP9 there’s ‘Former Employee Groups’ window. 

Also, even though there’s no ‘Valid To’ date in ‘Former Employee Groups’ window, it is having link to other windows such as ‘Former Employee Groups - Access Set up’ & ‘Former Employee Group Assignments’. In these windows, defining ‘Valid from’ & ‘Valid To’ dates are mandatory. 

Hence, I think it would be better to raise a case with GSO Support to further check on this issue. 

Before doing so, you may also check the ‘Valid To’ date appearing in other windows (such as ‘Former Employee Groups - Access Set up’ & ‘Former Employee Group Assignments’) as a precheck to ensure whether the issue could be solved from there. 

Best Regards

Sugandi 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks for advise. I have raised a case with GSO Support. Though as on Apps 9 and Restricted Support I am not holding out much hope of an answer in a timely manner!

A good job IFS is not our HR system!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Matthew,

Please see whether this terminated employee has access to Matrix Structure that is no longer valid on the termination day.

Please see access for this employee in...

and then in Graphical Organization Structure whether this M1 is valid on the termination day.

If it is the case then please shorten access to this M1 unit as it has it’s validity.

Best regards

Zbigniew

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks - on a sample of one that works.

I’ve handed over to our People People to test on others