Question

Shop Floor Workbench Clocking. No Out Clocking on Interval. Date Not Calculated. No Changes Allowed.

• 23 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear community. 

When an employee starts indirect/production using the Shop Floor Workbench they are prompted with a Warning that they have not registered an attendance In clocking (as we do not clock in/out). 

This creates a record on the interval tab of the Time Card Day with the in time. 

When the employee stops indirect/production the MFG clocking/results are created but no OUT time is created, so the employee can finish for the day and the Out clock never gets populated. 

Then the employee can try to book in Time Registration to another indirect shop order and they get the message

It is not calculated as there is no end clocking, but what will insert the end clocking since the employee doesnt clock for attendance, only for shop orders?

This error then stops any entry on the time registration , even for other days, and no results are generated for that day, so the day can not be authorized for payroll transfer. 

What am i missing ?

Thanks as always!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi David,

I’m not an expert in HR, but Shop Floor Workbench. The warning that prompts the employee to clock in is raised only if the employee is expected to clock in. I believe this is controlled by the Time Base setting. So if it for instance is set to Manual Results the warning will not appear, but if set to Manual Clockings, the warning will appear. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

It is not very clear what you are trying to do. Are you doing following actions?

1. Start production on Shop Floor Workbench (SFW) for XXXX shop order without clock in but click yes to create In clocking
  2. Stop Production for  XXXX shop order (At this point you do not see OUT clocking in Time Card Day)
  3. Try to perform Start Production on YYYY shop order in SFW and get the error

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Sumedha, 

Thank you for replying. The actions are; 

1. Start production on Shop Floor Workbench (SFW) for XXXX shop order without clock in but click yes to create In clocking (this creates in entry on Time Card Day/Interval Tab)
  2. Stop Production for  XXXX shop order (At this point you do not see OUT clocking in Time Card Day) (This created MFG Clocking and MFG Result)
  3. Try to perform Start Production on YYYY shop order in SFW and get the error (this process workds fine - can start / stop production no problem)

Next Steps

1. Employee finishes work, stops clocking on production YYYY
  2. Time Card Day\Interval Tab stays with no Out Clocking
  3. The following day Employee attempts to enter Time via Time Registration to Indirect SO for the next day or to correct previous day, 
  4. Error message is received. 

@Björn Hultgren Thanks for the advice. I have changed the setting as you suggested and at step one above there is no warning and the no record created in Time Card Day. I will test the results of the standard behaviour, i.e. booking to more SO and Indirect and see if the results is calculated as expected according to T&A rules. Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi David,

Only solution is to add an OUT clocking manually or revisit the set up as Björn pointed out because it will be wrong to generates OUT clocking automatically when an employee completes/stops a production against one operation because the employee might start work on another operation there after.