Userlevel 2
Badge +5

How i can make quick report which looks like view DAY_SCHED_CYCLE_TEMP. App9

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @PaulinaPi,

You can create a quick report in IFS window ‘Quick Reports' and in there you can select type as ‘SQL Statement’ and then in the ‘SQL expression’ column you can just add the select query you want to get data to this quick report.

e.g : SELECT * FROM DAY_SCHED_CYCLE_TEMP

But this view DAY_SCHED_CYCLE_TEMP seems to be a table which hold only run time data (online data) temporarily for a specific session and when the particular business flow in that session is completed all the data in this table get deleted. These types of tables are extensively used in IFS HR product and in that case running this created quick report offline (outside of this particular HR flow in a different session) will not populate any data.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Dammika

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thx for your answer but this is my problem that i dont know how i can prepare this report when table is temporary.

Maybe is exists different solutions for my question.

I need this information for employees i have to show their schedules for next month.

Regards,

Paulina

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@PaulinaPi,

In that case we can’t use the same data source DAY_SCHED_CYCLE_TEMP since it holds runtime data and need to analyze which HR flow insert data to this temp table and then need to analyze how  data on this temp table committed to other related HR tables once the particular HR flow is successfully completed. So customer can use those other tables which hold data even after particular HR flow is executed. To cater the customer’s business requirement this should be further investigated and you may create a case to IFS for further analysis of this requirment.

Dammika

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

But im looking for solution i dont need to use this view.

Maybe somebody use IFS for shows the schedules their epmployees.

The key is to show the schedule for next month in report.

I cant find any report in standard reports which shows schedules for employees  from one department

Reagrds,

Paulina

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @PaulinaPi,

If customer wants to get the schedule information of employees they can use the data source (view) TIME_PERS_DIARY_CL_SCHED_INFO which is mapped with IFS window employee schedule information.

Dammika

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

thank you so much :) that is what i need. But now i dont know how i can find it in application….only like view in sql tool.

Regards,

Paulina

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @PaulinaPi,

I guess you are asking how to find a view of a particular IFS window and if so you can use the ‘system info’ area in the IFS application. In the bottom of the IFS application, towards to the middle there are options like tasks, attachments, Help and you can find the system info in there. if it is not visible you can RMB on that area and select customize and you can add ‘System info’ from left side pane to right side and continue and it will show system info option in there. Then you can just keep the cursor on the particular area of the IFS application (window header, table overview, etc) and then If you go to system info you can see the view information and in this case it is shown as View:  &AO.TIME_PERS_DIARY_CL_SCHED_INFO and just get the view name by removing he prefix &AO., so the view is TIME_PERS_DIARY_CL_SCHED_INFO. You can use this view to create a quick report to analyze employee’s schedule information. Hope this helps.

Dammika

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @PaulinaPi,

Hope you got the answer to your question? Let us know if this should be further analyzed.

Dammika

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yes i have got answer to my question. Thanks a lot :)

Regards,

Paulina