Question

Print button issue in time clock.

• 23 September 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

When we go to the Time Clock window in IEE and click on Time Card button, we can enter the company and employee in the fields and click on ok.

Then the time card will be displayed and we have the option to Print.

When you click on the Print button:

Ideally the preview should be shown in Acrobat Reader DC and you will get a dialog box to save the print output.

But in my customer’s scenario when you click on Print button, the preview opens for about a second in Acrobat Reader DC and it gets closed automatically.

Any suggestions on why Acrobat Reader automatically closes the file?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Thanushi,

Sometimes, this can be happen when any fault with Acrobat Reader DC opening process. any possibility can use other PDF Reader?

Regards
​​​​​​​Shan

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Shan Peiris ,

Thanks a lot for your response. We too believe it’s an issue with Acrobat Reader DC. However, we were not able to change the default to Edge. 

• We changed the PDF to default viewer > Microsoft Edge

• Then we clicked on Print.

• Still the Preview was opening in Acrobat Reader DC

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Thanushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Thanushi Jayaweera ,

could you please check are they using the Licensed version of the Adobe Acorbat DC?  Sometimes users who are using the Licensed version of Adobe Acrobat DC, this issue happens. But the free version of Adobe Reader will not trigger this issue.

Regards
Shan

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks @Shan Peiris , I will check this with the customer and get back :)

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Shan Peiris ,

Thanks for the above information. However, the customer has confirmed that they are using the free version.

Best Regards,

Thanushi

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi@Thanushi Jayaweera ,

This is a known issue with Acrobat Reader DC but they haven’t provided any solution yet.

Try follow below steps,this worked for some of them.

First unstall everything related to adobe and make sure there is no any program files in C-disk after the uninstalling process(even the temp files) .Then use some registry cleaner software such as CCleaner.Then reboot the computer and install Acrobat Reader DC again and see.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Thanushi,

Most probably this issue started with version 20.013.20064. if we update Adobe Acrobat to the latest version, sometimes that can resolve this issue.

Regards
Shan

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @lahiru.usj and @Shan Peiris ,

Thanks a lot for both of your suggestions. I will check this with the customer and get back to you.

However, this issue occurs only for this particular document. All other documents can be opened with Acrobat Reader DC without any issues via the IFS Application

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Thanushi Jayaweera ,

I once faced similar issue with instant invoice preview only. I followed below steps to correct it:

1.Make the Adobe reader as defalut reader ( shutdown the app and open again )

i.  Open Acrobat Reader DC from your machine.

ii.        Next, go to Edit > Preferences.

iii.        Select the Category General

iv.        Scroll down and select the button : Select As Default PDF Handler

v.        Select OK.

2.Then Enable internet explore add-on ( Your case it is edge ) for PDF.

Also check whether user is having latest binary patch version also.

Hope this helps somehow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Xavier Fernando,

Thanks a lot for the above information. However, I think the above steps should be followed in order to make the default PDF handler as Acrobat Reader DC. But in my situation, I need to change it.

I have reported the issue to IFS RnD team and they created a bug fix for it.

Bug fix - 161149 

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

Best Regards,

Thanushi