Question

Permission Set for My Self Service

• 1 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

I need to build a permission set to allow our IFS users to access the projections under “My Self-Service” Lobby which includes most of the projections under the lobbies   “My Personal Organizational Info”  and “My Time and Attendance.”  All current and new users would need to get this access.

What is the best practice as far as how to build the permission set so it can be easily assigned to each user and new user?  Should I build a new permission set with access to all of the needed projections and all the Lobbies that depend on these projections and grant to each user?  I don’t see any out of the box permission sets that I can grant so I assume I have to create these and make the permission set grant part of the standard process for each new user.

We are using APPS 10, UD12, with Aurena.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi  @cjones_saab ,

Please check FND_WEBENDUSER_MAIN permission set which grant access to all standard functionality for the end-user.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

Thank you for your response but I am still having the problem. 

I setup a test user and the only permission set I granted to this test user is FND_WEBENDUSER_MAIN. However, when I sign on as the user the lobby “My Self Service” or any of it’s dependent menus are visible.  

Below is the only items the test user has access to after making FND_WEBENDUSER_MAIN grant.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @cjones_saab ,

Yes, it seems that the standard FND_WEBENDUSER_MAIN permission set does not have access to the pages/projections in the My Self Service folder. So, you are correct that you’ll have to create a new custom permission set and grant the relevant pages/projections to that. You may use the “Manage By Navigation” option, which would be easier to set up.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @cjones_saab 

if you need a permission set for all users then I recommend you to create an end user role. You can also create a function role for each department in your company and allocate it to other end user role.

Then you can grant the lobby as following:

Then choose your lobby. For example:

You can also select here all lobby sources and elements.

Then do follwing settings to make it visible:

We use IFS Apps 9. I thing it is almost the same.

Kind regards