Solved

Org units, best practice, supervisor access and authorization

• 14 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi all, 

I would appreciate input and/or advice from someone more experienced than me. Below I’m describing an example.

Example: 

• “Closing” Org.unit1,  with validity period 2023-01-01 - 2024-01-31

• Creating a new org unit with validity period 2024-02-01 - 9999-12-31, with same supervisor and employees as in org. unit 1.

• Changing the assignments on each employee accordingly. 

The problem is that we still have time transactions that hasn’t been authorized within the validity period for org unit 1.  The supervisor cannot authorize or even access the employees for unit 1 after 2024-02-01 when the assignment for org unit 1 has passed validity date. 

I guess this is all normal and as it should be so my questions are: can we use two valid assignments for the supervisor, one for org unit 1 and one assignment for the new org unit? Can this create any issues or problems that I should be aware of?  What is best practice in these common situations? 

Which assignment should be primary since both can’t be if the validity dates are overlapping?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Magnus Johansson 14 February 2024, 10:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Anna,

First of all you should let the Supervisor have the new organization unit as primary. Otherwise the Supervisor’s time reporting will not be registered on the new organization unit (which might be of importance if the org code on time transactions are being used).

Second, for the Supervisor to be able to access transactions outside of the period when the Supervisor is assigned to the organization unit, there is a specific setting for this called “Manual Entry Trans. From”, and then a “Manual Entry Trans. To”, together with a date interval. Thus, you give specific access to transactions during a certain time period. This setting can be found in for instance “Graphical Organization Structure”, on the “Access”-tab on a unit, or in “Supervisor Access” (or other relevant access-pages).

Best Regards,
Magnus    

Badge +1

Thank you Magnus, this was really helpful to me!

Best regards,

Anna