Question

MCPR employee organization code not valid error

• 18 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

IFS apps 10Upd10.  We can create MCPR employees from company A to B but vice versa we get an error: “Organization code not valid during entered date interval. Validity period of the selected organization is...”

I've checked the Org.Structure and Pos.Structure, both have the same data in both companies. Any suggestions ?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Adriaan,

Please check valid from and valid to for default position and organization in company detail

Regards,

Karolina

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Karolina,

thank you for responding. But I've already compared the company details between the 2 companies. Any other suggestions ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi again,

Based on your screenshots it seems that your organization unit is valid from 2019-01-01 but in company details the organization unit is set from 2018-01-01 and when you create a new MCPR employee I think the system takes the “valid from” date from company detail, in your case 2018-01-01. But the org unit it self are not valid until 2019-01-01. Try to change in company detail and set valid from 2019-01-01.

Regards,

Karolina 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Karoline,

I've set all dates equal but still have the error unfortunately.  Any other suggestions ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Adriaan,

No sorry, no more suggestions from me…

But I read your issue again and wonder what you mean by vice versa - “We can create MCPR employees from company A to B but vice versa... “ ?

Usually the employee is employed in one company (A) and in that company they are connected to a valid organization unit and position and have all the basic data needed for the employment.

Then you create an MCPR employment in company B, and this employment get the default MCPR org unit and position from company details. The MCPR employment doesn´t have much more information than that. 

Regards,

Karolina 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Karolina,

we have a company A where all employees are created. We make them mcpr employee in the other companies, e.g. B, C, E, D, etc.

In company D we have a few employees created. Now we want them to become mcpr employee in company A but that's when the error occurs. We can make them mcpr employee in companies B, C, E, etc. without any issues.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Adriaan,

Hmm okey…. well, if you have double checked that property code MCORGCODE and MCPOSITION in company detail for company A have the same valid from date and valid to date as the org code and position in company A, then I am sorry, I have run out of idea's :-)

Regards,

Karolina 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Karolina,

update from my side: we thought it was necessary for the employee to be mcpr employee before being able to authorize time registration in the other company. It seems not to be necessary. I have added the employee to the Company->tab:Employees and give him authorization role over the mcpr company's position, via Supervisor Access window.  For us, the issue is solved now, however it is a strange error.