Question

Issue with the badge reader

• 25 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello.

We are using APP 10 UPD 5 and we have harsh issues with the IFS badge reader.

While the badge reader is in online mode, employees can badge and it works very well.

While the badge reader is in offline mode, nothing works, the reader can’t read any badge.

I asked what’s written on the badge to someone who installed these readers, he told me there is the ID badge on it.

What’s the way to make this badge reader work? is that a configuration issue or badges need to be updated?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Have you set the off line path in properties on your Time Clock shortcut?

In that folder there should be a text file “EmpCardData” that holds a mapping of employee numbers - card number to be used when the terminal goes off line.

If you run your Time Clocks on citrix it doesn’t work… 

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello,

The EmpCardData file contains only the header line, so

company_id, emp_no, wage_class, emp_card, company_alias

Do we have to fill this file or is there a way to fill it via ifs? like an ifs process or an extraction?

The off line path is already set. The badge reader creates the file but remains empty.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

The file and it’s content should be generated automatically when you set the off line path and start the Time Clock so it gets in contact with the database.

I am not 100% sure but I know we had some kind of problem way back if there was no company alias set in Company details… a long shot maybe but worth testing?

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

My workmate reported to me that the company id alias was empty :

We put a 2 digit number, but we have seen no new behaviour. What’s the next step?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi again,

One more thing.. what folder on the PC is the off line folder? Does the Time Clock user has full access to that folder so the user can really update the file?

I remember (vaguely) that we had a similar problem and then the company policy prevented the user from updating the file - worked fine just to create it initially but not update.

In that case we needed to set another off line folder where the user had access.

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

The path is set to C:\Timeclock

The Time clock user is administrator, so no prob about windows privileges

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Ok, Then I am out of suggestions… :-(

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello.

Things are going well on our side, the device is now working in offline mode.
We discovered that the IFS user used to request on IFS didn't have granted roles, and with full granted roles, the device is autonomous.
We are trying to find the appropriated roles to grant on this user, so it can request on necessary views, but we can't find this list...

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Good you found out what the problem was :-) The Time Clock user needs quite a lot of access to functions and views in HR to be able to to everything - create intervals, query balances and so

I’ suggest you give the same access as you give to a normal user that should be able to handle time management - and of course the Time Clock specific activity.

One function that I know we missed… and just couldn’t figure out was the Company_Pers_Assign… to be able to check assignments and access.. 

In IFS Cloud it’s better when you have a pre defined / prepacked permission set :-)

Regards,

maria