Question

Is there any setting to set up tmp. daytypes for a long time

• 6 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Is there any setting or solution to set up a temp. daytype for maybe 3 month in a row?

The issue occures to employees who are on a worktravel for more than 3 weeks.

Is there any solution to set a temp. daytype for this time? Because i don´t want to set the temp. daystype for all days in the time card day.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Sven,

What is the time base of these employees? If they usually clock (or if the system generates default clock intervals based on the work schedule), you might consider using an absence wage code which is converted to normal hours and of which the registrations are repeated on a daily basis. When you use that and the employee clocks out with an absence wage code, the registrations will automatically be prolonged as long as the employee doesn’t clock in again, and the attendance will be treated as normal time (i.e. the employee will know how many hours of job time he/she will have to account for).

Best regards,

Martin

Badge +1

The Workaround is a other. 

Just try to explain - the workaround is, that employee went from home on a work travel and comes home maybe 3 or 4 month later. In that case, they set up an absence type e.g. F05 Worktravel and after that the create time records in time card day but uses a temp. daytype

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

When the employee goes on a business trip starting from home, he/she can clock in with a wage code of the type Absence, and subsequently the system will do what I’ve described in my previous reaction. You don’t need another day type for that, because the system can still use the regular work schedule of the employee.

And this is not a workaround, but intended core functionality.

Badge +1

@Martin Hulsenboom 

Hi will check and let you know if it was helpful - thank you and best regards

Sven

Badge +6

Hi Seven, 

if you are still searching for a function like this, you can try using the Time Group Reporting

Best regards, 

Veronika 

Badge +6

@Martin Hulsenboom The problem is, that a work trip isn’t really an absence. If you handle work trips as absences in IFS the ressource planning is affected by this. They are not able to plan their employees correctly bc they are shown as “absent”. 

Is anyone else struggeling with this problem? (maybe I´ll start a new topic about this) 

LG Veronika 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@DMHEVE 

The planning has not been mentioned in the original message. If you want to register this work trip ‘absence’ upfront for a longer period and the absence, according to the settings, has to be converted to normal hours, this should not be seen as real absence in the planning. If it is treated as real absence in the planning, I would create a ticket for that.

BR,

Martin