Question

Inactivate user account when terminate employee file

• 27 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

Is there any functionality in IFS APP10 to inactivate user account automatically when employee file is terminated? Or user account to be inactivated manually?

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Not as standard. We’ve created a lobby element which looks for leavers (where Employment End Date is in the past) with an active user account. We can then disable them manually.

If you wanted to automate it you could create a scheduled task with similar logic or a custom event to disable the user when the Employee Status is set to “Leaver”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @anthony_wb,

Thank you for the reply. Do you means that there is a standard lobby element in IFS? If yes, could you please let me know in which lobby and lobby element?

Regards,

Malinda.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @TopMalinG 

I’m not aware of a standard lobby element that shows this. We created a list element which shows the Employee No & Internal Display Name. We then disable user accounts manually when employees leave the business.

Our lobby data source looks at &AO.COMPANY_PERSON_ALL uses the condition below. The additional AND statement is to cater for a scenario where an employee may leave & rejoin the business. When this happens we have multiple Employee records linked to a single Person ID so this it to make sure that we don’t disable a user’s account when they are actually still an employee. 

I hope that helps. 
Anthony

COMPANY_PERSON_ALL.EMPLOYEE_STATUS = 'Leaver'

and COMPANY_PERSON_ALL.MASTER_EMPLOYMENT = '1'

and Person_ID in

(select Person_ID

from &AO.PERSON_INFO_USER

join &AO.ORACLE_ACCOUNT on PERSON_INFO_USER.USER_ID = ORACLE_ACCOUNT.USERNAME

where ORACLE_ACCOUNT.ACCOUNT_STATUS <> 'LOCKED'

)

and Person_ID not in

(select Person_ID