Question

IFS Cloud - How to manage the Access to Recruitment Requisitions

• 11 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hello, we are interested in using Recruitment part of IFS Cloud. Now we are using 22R2 Cloud version.

Now I am struggling with setup of access to work (create, modify) with Recruitment Requisitions. The person got assigned access in entire organization (matrix) with access role (access attribute for Recruitment).

Once trying to create a new or modify existing Recruitment Requisition (with request in the matrix org) then getting error that missing access rights - Insufficient access rights. You cannot modify Recruitment Requisition data for the organization XXX.

When assign to user HR application Manager right all works OK. If doing actions under ifsapp user, all works fine. So it looks like as access setup issue.

Does anyone have some experience with defining access to Recruitment requisitions? Is the setup over access attribute enough?

Thank you and looking forward to hearing some answers soon.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Jiri,

When it comes to access, especially if you have a large matrix structure - which you seem to have; there can be many reasons for access not working as desired. Thus, you usually need to look at the total access and organization structure setup to be able to help. If you cannot make the access work, I therefore recommend placing a request for assistance from an IFS Consultant, who can investigate all settings in your environment.

However, before that, try setting the access based on the following info: in your screenshot you have missed the most important part, the “Field Configuration”. This is where you can control which statuses of the Recruitment Requisition that the Access Attribute should give access to. Use button “Set Old Values” and “Set New Values”. You can also - on two separate rows - control if the Access Attribute should let the User “Set” and/or “Clear” the value (statuses).

Regards,

Magnus

Badge +5

Hello Magnus,

thank you very much for your answer.

I have tried your recommendation and used also Old/New values with Set Value for Attribute value field. Re-granted all access to Organization with this new access role to the user, but still the same issue with access to create/modify any recruitment requisition.

The setup looks like follow

Attribute definition

Access Role definition

Access to org (top level) with defined access role for entire user

Thank you very much for any hint.

Have a nice day!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Jiri,

You screenshots looks correct, but there can still be many other aspects that causes the error message (the error message pops up in the right bottom corner, correct? That would indicate HCM-access or other setting issue. It is not an error message linked to permission sets?).

I would therefore advise you to make a request for a consultant who can investigate your settings together with you in in your environment and assure that nothing else is missing. Maybe something is not working correctly and then you will get assistants to address that.

Wish you a nice weekend,

Magnus

Badge +5

Dear Magnus,

thank you for your help and inputs.

Since it works fine in case that user is HR application manager, I assume that it is not issue of a permission set but with HR data access, as you have pointed. I will raise a ticket to IFS support to get some check if all works correctly.

Thank you!