Solved

HR - Position Supervisor Update

• 22 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi

Does anyone know if there is any other way to update the Supervisor / Parent Position ID of a Position other than by using the drag & drop method in the Graphical Position Structure form?

We are using Apps 9 SP11.

Many thanks

Paul

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 23 May 2023, 18:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Paul,

There are couple of windows/pages you can look for the positions . However, I think the drag and drop is the only way to make changes. Reason why I think like that is when a position is changed it always keeps a history. That's why we have the option to change the effective day in the structure before we change the positions or units. Its not just changing one parent from the other. 

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Many thanks Shehan, that’s what I have been thinking.

Our issue is based upon a failing interface from our master HR system into IFS. We are left with many employees that need to be moved away from their wrongly created Parent Position to their correct Position. I was hoping there would be a screen I could do this en-mass.

I am in the throws of creating an Excel Migration job, but it appears that the POSITION_UTIL_API is the one to use (as used by drag and drop). The trouble with that is it has a single string attribute passed in (by keys), which isn’t easy for users to construct in Excel.

Oh well, I’ll keep looking 😀

Thanks

Paul