Half day Vacation/Absence and flextime in IFS Cloud

• 29 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Community!

I have an issue with hald-day Vacation.

Following situation:

I have an employee with a very flexible schedule- He/she can start his/her work beasically whereever wanted. The normal in is at 08:00, the normal our is at 16:06. That makes 7,6 hours in total. A flexible break rule is used as well as flextime balance.

If the half day vacation is located in the first half of the day, then the wage code for vacation (wage code 300) is calculated correctly with a value of 3.8 hours.

In this case (on date 27. June) everythin is calculated correctly. The employee works 30 min less than he has to and he gets a deduction from his flextime balance.

But if the absence is located in the 2nd half of the day, the result for the absence wage code is 4.3 hours. I would expect, that it should be 3.8 hours as well (=50% of the sceduled hours). And because of this behavior I get incorrect results for the flextime balance and the scheduled hours (Wage code 100)

Has anybody the same experience? Has anybody found a solution for this?

2 replies

@Frank Weber
Hi Frank,
Did you get a solution/workaround for this issue?

In the meantime, I raised an IFS Support Case for the exact same situation. Appearently it’s not a bug. 
In short, the Flex Break Rule is within the second half day and causes the differences.

Hi @Anny Pianta ,

We have checked the issue with the product experts and below is the explanation for the reported behaviour.

When registering a half day of absence for the second half of the day, the time, when the absence starts needs to be calculated. If a flexible break is defined, which will be within the absence period (assuming the definition of the day type), then this flexible break will be considered when calculating the absence start time.

The difference between Time Card and Absence exists because the Time Card will consider the flexible break based on the registered intervals. If we only have a half day of absence registered, there will be no flexible break deducted (as the absence duration is not within the break period). Due to this the absence in the Time Card is the amount of flexible break hours longer than an exact half day. As soon as the remaining time registration is finalized, the flexible break is deducted from the absence period and its duration will be exactly half of the day.

This does not occur if the absence is not in the flexible break interval (e.g. in the first half of the day). 

Hope the explanation clarifies the behaviour. Please let us know if further clarifications are needed or if you are okay to close this case?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Rashmi

There is even an idea pending to exclude the flex break rule from the calculation of absences:
https://community.ifs.com/ideas/half-day-absence-calculation-39408

At the moment the solution is not satisfying  at this point.

KR,
Anny

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Anny

I was able to calculate by using the calculation formula definition functionality, but I am not 100 % happy with this because there is still one particular scenario where it does not count correctly. And as you say this is not a bug. I had quite a long discussion with a colleague from IFS where he explained why this happens.

And completely excluding the break rule will also not work. I try to explain why:

In my country you HAVE to take a break of 0,5 hrs after 6 hrs of work. But I can have a half day vacation AND work more then 6 hours and if I do this the break has to be deducted. I would build up flextime in that case.

So for my 7,6 hrs-workday I would have

3,8 hrs for half day vacation in the result

3,8 hrs for scheduled time in the result

2,2 hrs flextime accrual in the result

When I work even more, the system would have to deduct a break.

I can give you an explanation, but that will take some time and a lot of space.