Solved

Employees not showing under correct managers in supervised employees tab of supervisor access set up screen

• 9 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Over time, some employees have been moved to work under different managers. The employee files are showing the correct direct supervisors. However, the managers of some of these are saying they cannot see their expenses, etc. When I have checked if these employees are showing up the list of supervised employees for the current manager shown in the employment file in the Supervisor Access screen, they are not listed under the current manager, still under the  previous one.
I have entered a new row for one of these employees under their new manager in the Position Access Setup screen and saved it. But if I go back into the supervised employees screen for this new manager (after refreshing the screen) the employee is still not showing up there, they are still listed under the previous managers supervised employees list. I have tried setting the valid until date for the row in the old managers position access setup to the date that they changed to the new manager, but it makes no difference.

In the graphical position screen, the employees concerned all have the current manager shown, which matches what is in the employee file.

What am I missing here? Thanks for any assistance.

This on Apps 10 inhouse installation by the way.

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 5 January 2023, 08:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

when it comes to ‘transactions’ you need to make sure the manual trans date from and to are 01/01/1900 - 31/12/9999 against the new managers access otherwise they only see the ‘new’ expense transactions and not anything that was previously posted and not approved 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @JustinJ ,

You may also want the regenerate the HR access list from the graphical position screen. If you RMB at the manager position you'll see the option to regenerate.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks, I will try that

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi R Lum Wai,

I am looking at how we can allow new managers to see previous expenses of employees who have moved to their supervision, and I saw your reply to my post about this. In which screen or screens should the manual trans dates be set to the range you suggest to allow this please?

Thanks