Solved

Employee Schedule - Work Hours - Total Hrs (not per day)

• 27 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi 

I am trying to setup an employee schedule for our casual staff where they are scheduled to work a Total 40hrs per week, (5days a week for 10hrs per day), with any additional hrs works they receive as overtime

I.e. if an employee works 43hours, they should receive 3hrs as overtime

Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Wk Total
Normal 9 12 12 7 -
Overtime - - - 3 -
Total 9 12 12 10 - 43

When trying to set this up as a Day type schedule, I can’t seem to get the overtime to calculate correctly, as it is calculating based on the 10hr per day not the total 40hrs per week

I.e. with the above it is calculating 4hrs as overtime

I can’t seem to get the Flexible schedule to achieve this either

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Cheers 

icon

Best answer by AddKarolA 27 September 2022, 15:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

I would suggest that you use the functionality “balance reconciliation”.  In the day type you set extra time instead of overtime

Create a balance definition with type = other. Add all wage codes that effects the calculation of hours. Set up conversion to a overtime wage code

Create a rule type and connect balance definition and parameter list. Set up this parameter (to be able to authorize Friday which can contain normal hours and overtime)

Connect rule type to employee (as usual) 

Create Reconciliation Time Period

Create Balance Reconciliation

All time for the week needs to be authorized. After that you can reconcile 

There is a background job to run if you like. Not that the time needs to be authorized before the job runs. 

Hope this helps you, good luck!

Regards,

Karolina  

Badge +3

Thank you so much for this Karolina

After figuring out how to get the correct wage codes to pull through, this does seem to do the trick!

Cheers :)