Question

Employee Payments/Advances with postings

• 4 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

When we submit an expense sheet, we can select a project activity and respective Code part postings. However, when we give an advance using the employee payments window the only option available is to tag it to the employees attached organization codes pre-posted code part.

Anyone having a solution to give an employee payment selecting custom code parts. (simply need to tag the advance to a project the employee is travelling for).

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @XitInaamM ,

never came across this specific topic, but I am pleased to share what I know:

An advance payment for expenses in Standard IFS workflows will be linked afterwards (i.e. after a business travel) with an expense sheets which needs to be created by the travelling employee. The expense sheet finally is where you have the expense codes connected to accounts (and other code parts) and where vouchers for expenses are being created. That is why it does not make sense to add already in advance payments the project activity as an advance payment creates only a payment voucher (no impact to P&L). So it could be that it is the purpose in IFS Standard that you are not able to link an advance payment to a project activity. But I never verified it, to be honest. This is to be checked.

Hope this helps?

BR,

Siri

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @XitInaamM,

curious if my answer helped or if you managed to link an advance payment to project activity?

Do you have an update?

Many thanks and br,

Siri

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Adding more details..

I have verified this in IFS Reference environment.

You may refer the below steps

1.Add an advance payment using Employee Payments window

2.RMB and authorize payment

3.After that transfer payment from the Transfer Payments window

4.Then the acknowledge payments by selecting RMB option

5.Then click okay in dialog

6.Then the relevant voucher will be created

7.Go to Expense sheet window > search by the employee ID

Here you can add the Project Activity

Also, you can connect the relevant advance payment in the Payments tab.

This is the functionality how it works currently, and in the Expense sheet window you can connect the advance payment and in the same time you can add the project activity as well, but the project activity cannot be added in the Employee payments window itself