Question

Efficient way to terminated multiple employees

I have to terminate over 1000 employees. Is there a quick way to do that?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KKSloane , you can navigate to ‘Employees’ window and search the selection of the employee list. Then RMB and click ‘Terminate Employment’. Then proceed with the dialog box which is opening afterwards.

This is Apps9. There is no option when you right-click on an Employee on the Employees form to terminate or change status. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KKSloane, ah yes that functionality is there in the Apps10 version, sorry for the confusion, will get back if found a workaround for Apps9.

I’m going to do it via the backend. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KKSloane, I would not recommend you to do it via a backend direct data modification. Because employment termination is not just a state change, it could be updating multiple tables with multiple records. Therefore if you missed to update a single location then it might trigger future additional issues - data integrity could be harmed. So if there is no standard mechanism for Apps9 version, best option would be to go for a customized modification by your development organization, so that you can do it from the application itself.

Using the API, not deleting directly from the tables.