Solved

Edit Person Record in IFS Cloud 23R1

• 1 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

We want our users to be able to edit the details of Person Records connected to Customers/Suppliers but NOT to Employees.

What’s the easiest way to do this in IFS Cloud 23R1?

icon

Best answer by Jacques Cormier 1 December 2023, 20:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@LauraB I don’t think you will be able to easily achieve this.

Person has only one projection → PersonHandling. The fact that a specific person is a customer or supplier contact is just a flag in the person entityset, so you can’t achieve this through permission sets.

Below you can see which actions are manageable through permission sets for the PersonHandling:

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Laura,

In 23R1, there may be a solution.  I presume that all employees in IFS will be created and maintained through another application.  Therefore there is no need for users to access the person records of employees.  If my assumption is correct, then I would suggest to add a filter to the record search to only find records that match is_customer = Yes or is_supplier = Yes (actual field name may be different).   This can be done with Page Designer which is explained quite well in the Technical Documentation for 23R1.  Once the changes have been made and then published, all user will only see contacts from either customers or suppliers.  

If you need more assistance, ask and I shall provide detailed steps to achieve this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Laura,

In 23R1, there may be a solution.  I presume that all employees in IFS will be created and maintained through another application.  Therefore there is no need for users to access the person records of employees.  If my assumption is correct, then I would suggest to add a filter to the record search to only find records that match is_customer = Yes or is_supplier = Yes (actual field name may be different).   This can be done with Page Designer which is explained quite well in the Technical Documentation for 23R1.  Once the changes have been made and then published, all user will only see contacts from either customers or suppliers.  

If you need more assistance, ask and I shall provide detailed steps to achieve this.

Thanks Jacques, this has solved our issue.