Question

Custom Field zoom functionality

• 3 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi All,

We are using IFS 8 SP2 Foundation, We have recently applied the binary patch of 4.80.67.0 and we observed due to this patch the zoom functionality of Custom Field(Persistent and Reference Type) has stopped working and throwing an error “Invalid Identifier”. Has anyone faced similar issue and able to find a solution from IFS. Do let me know.

Please see below query of a reference custom field when we use zoom in a screen.

Before Patch:

select objid, ORDER_NO, CUSTOMER_NO, &AO.Cust_Ord_Customer_API.Get_Name(CUSTOMER_NO), WANTED_DELIVERY_DATE, CONTRACT, STATE from &AO.CUSTOMER_ORDER_CFV where ((OBJKEY) in ((:p0 )))

After Patch:

select objid, ORDER_NO, CUSTOMER_NO, &AO.Cust_Ord_Customer_API.Get_Name(CUSTOMER_NO), WANTED_DELIVERY_DATE, CONTRACT, STATE from &AO.CUSTOMER_ORDER_CFV where ((CF$_C_WARRANTY_ORDER) in ((:p0 )))

Custom Field: WARRANTY_ORDER in a screen having a reference of CUSTOMER ORDER.

Regards,

Sri

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Unfortunately, I have used Apps 9 and Apps 10.  Cannot comment on ealiier earlier editions.

Do you have any invalid objects? 

Sometimes after upgrades  you can have invalid objects. See Handling Invalid Objects in your IFS help.

Also, if no invalid objects See if your custom fields being usedneed re-synchronising.

Failing that try unpublishing and publishing again. 

Please le me know how you get on. 

Regards

John

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

There is no invalid objects. I have tried resynchronising, unapprove and unpublishing. Also reimported the fields from an working environment, but still the same issue.