Solved

Credit Card Setup for Barclays

• 10 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up company credit cards for one of our customers and am not sure if it’s actually possible to do. They are using Apps 10 and when I try to enter the credit card details I have a mandatory field for the Card Type that doesn’t contain their preferred choice of credit card provider (Barclays). Am I right in saying Barclays is not supported or can one of the available options be used if the setup is identical?

Thank you

Maria

icon

Best answer by dsj 10 March 2021, 14:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @MariaN ,

Credit card format is the service (visa/master, Amex) and not the issuer (Barclays in your case)

It usually can be identified by the first digit of the credit card number.

As far as I know there’s no validation in IFS with the credit card format against the added credit cards.

A common way to identify the card format is from the first digit of the card number.

Card no starts with:

3 - American Express
4 - Visa
5 - MasterCard

Not sure how the Eurocard/Diner Club cards starts but I guess it’s either Visa or MasterCard and probably second and subsequent digits can be used to find the correct information.

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Damith,

That’s exactly the information that I needed. Thank you very much. I shall configure it and test accordingly.

Thank you for the quick reply!

Maria