Question

Carry forward Earned Leave

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

How to configure Earned Leave which will carry forward unused earned leave of previous year? Example: Employee is getting earned leave 20 days, if he/she has unused earned leave 15 days then for new year leave limit will be 20+15=35 days.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @girish ,

In the Absence Limit Definition (where you define the limit definition for a Absence Type), there is a field to add another Absence Type as the ‘Carry Forward’ Absence Type. At the point of generating the Limit you have to generate the limit for the Carry Forward Type as well.

Ex - Let’s Say Main Absence Type is called ‘VACATION’ and then you create a new Absence Type called ‘CF_VACATION’ and connect that as the Carry Forward Type for the main VACATION absence type.
Then when generate absence limits for VACATION you will get 20 days and when you generate absence limits for CF_VACATION you will get 15.

For the user they ONLY have to use the main absence type VACATION when reporting absence. all the 35 days are linked to the VACATION.
Also the default allocation is first carry forward limit and then the main limit.

Regards,
Thejaka

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I could not find  the id  that created for Carry Forward Leave from the list. Does the Carry forward absence will auto calculate unused leave? In my given example 15 days is not fixed. It will be calculated  unused leave only. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@girish 
You have to create a separate Absence Type in the same Absence Group. And that Absence Type should NOT have an Absence   limit Definition Definition. This List of Values ONLY shows the Absence Type in the SAME group that are NOT having a Absence Limit Definition record.

When you Generate the Limits for the Carry Forward Type, the Limit Amount can not be entered since system is automatically calculating the remaining limit.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks a lot. @Thejaka Niroshan , Carry forward has been added but during my testing I found unused leave is not carry forward but the whole quantity is forwarding. Here I have entered 2 days leave in 2022 year and generating limit in 2023 where getting 20 days instead of 18 days. Could you please help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@girish That is strange. :astonished:

Can you send me 2 screenshots of,

1. Limit Definition Record
  2. Absence Registration records you have created for the 2 Days (with the limit used column)

like this,

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@girish 

Can you RMB on the Absence Registration and select ‘Limit Used’ and check whether the limit is used from ‘EL’ (2 days)?
I have a small confusion because January 1st of 2022 is a Sunday right? is it a working day for the Employee’s Schedule?

And the now when you go to 2023 limits and delete the EL-CARRY line and generate the limit for EL-CARRY for 2023, are you still getting 20 instead of 18?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

In our employee schedule Sunday is working day. I delete the limit from 2023 and generate again but result is same. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@girish 
Can you send me the followings,

1. Absence Limit Used
  1. Absence Limit Year for 2022 (Generated Limits for 2022)

Because it seems like you have EL-CARRY for 2022 as well

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks a lot. It’s work fine.