Question

Can't authorize time registration

• 5 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I’m getting error while authorizing time registration. I have HR Manager access as well. 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7

I’m getting error while authorizing time registration. I have HR Manager access as well. 

Which version and update is this? There was a bug in Apps9 that caused this for user IFSAPP, but that was solved in Upd8.

What does your access roles look like? I found the following:

Once you set up TIME_PERS_DIARY_AUTH attribute and connected to your access role, please check if you have added the Attribute level in the Access Role. You have to define a numeric value for the attribute level against the Attribute IDs given on your Access Role.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I can’t tell by your description, but your not trying to authorize yourself - the employee connected to your logged on user?

In the default registration role (for self access) delivered by RnD there is no access to authorize your own time reports.

If you want to authorize your own time report you must create a self access role for that. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Which version and update is this? There was a bug in Apps9 that caused this for user IFSAPP, but that was solved in Upd8.

What does your access roles look like? I found the following:

Once you set up TIME_PERS_DIARY_AUTH attribute and connected to your access role, please check if you have added the Attribute level in the Access Role. You have to define a numeric value for the attribute level against the Attribute IDs given on your Access Role.

Attribute setup is ok. I’m using Apps10. Still the error is pending. Access role is properly set for the position. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I can’t tell by your description, but your not trying to authorize yourself - the employee connected to your logged on user?

In the default registration role (for self access) delivered by RnD there is no access to authorize your own time reports.

If you want to authorize your own time report you must create a self access role for that. 

No. I’m using Manager role to authorized. Even IFSAPP can’t authorize. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Whether you use a manger role or not doesn’t matter if you try to authorize yourself - that’s the reason for my question :-) Access to yourself is only defined by self access role.

Ifsapp can never authorize if you have not granted specific access in Supervisor access - setup to the person connected to ifsapp. This because you must have an access role with an access attribute for time authorization and an authorization level.

Can you take some screen shots:

• Go to Supervisor Access -Setup
  • Query for the person connected to the user you are logged on as.
  • Take a screen shot on the whole page when on the first tab with definitions
  • Take a screen shot on the second tab - supervised employees. Make sure you see all columns in the screen shot

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Whether you use a manger role or not doesn’t matter if you try to authorize yourself - that’s the reason for my question :-) Access to yourself is only defined by self access role.

Ifsapp can never authorize if you have not granted specific access in Supervisor access - setup to the person connected to ifsapp. This because you must have an access role with an access attribute for time authorization and an authorization level.

Can you take some screen shots:

• Go to Supervisor Access -Setup
  • Query for the person connected to the user you are logged on as.
  • Take a screen shot on the whole page when on the first tab with definitions
  • Take a screen shot on the second tab - supervised employees. Make sure you see all columns in the screen shot

Thanks for the reply.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

From the screen shots we can see that your user has access no access to employees… empty in “Supervised employees”

What happens if you  check “include subordinates”? Maybe the employees are connected to org units lower in the structure?

Also check what definitions are made in “Position Access”

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

From the screen shots we can see that your user has access no access to employees… empty in “Supervised employees”

What happens if you  check “include subordinates”? Maybe the employees are connected to org units lower in the structure?

Also check what definitions are made in “Position Access”

Thank you @ADDMARIAE. Supervisor to be set properly. Only HR Manager access is not enough.