Question

Authorizing and Confirming Not -Completed days.

• 5 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hello Experts,

When the scheduled time is not reached it the day will not get the completed status.

However, it is still possible to confirm and authorize the day. Authorize only gets an warning saying ‘the day is not completed do you still want to authorize’. 

Is there a way to stop confirmation or authorization before the day is completed. 

Example, the employee has 8 scheduled hours and employee has reported only 8 hours as Over time. The day is not completed however, it can be confirmed and authorized.

We can use the day type and the overtime priority setting to full fill normal hours before the OT. However, that only works when the time intervals or clocking are used. When reporting direct result the priorities do not apply.

Is there a solution for this? 

Kavinda. 

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Kavinda,

There is a company property, called JOBRECON, with which you can regulate this (to be found in Company Details). The property can have three possible values: DAY, WEEK and FALSE. FALSE is the default value, so valid as well when you don’t define it explicitly, and I think that’s the case now.

With the value DAY, the system will perform two checks per day in the selected period: is the sum of normal hours and absence equal to the scheduled hours, and is the quantity of job hours equal to the presence hours. Each day which meets the requirements will be confirmed/authorized.

With the value WEEK, the system will perform the same checks, but then the whole selected period must meet the requirements.

Apart from this, there are also possibilities to influence the behavior by using the Parameter List in the Work Hour Rule, but that would require much more explanation.

Best regards,

Martin

Badge +4

Hi @Martin Hulsenboom ,

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

In my case , I dont need to reconcile the Job and normal time. Assume it is for a employee who is not reporting time for projects.

I have already considered the all the parameter list options such as

Allowed positive/negative diff. to schedule

Allowed positive/neg diff. between presence and manufacturing hours

Reconcile Job and Attendance Hours:

Allowed positive/neg diff between presence and job hours:

I also tried company properties such as 

No Authorization before confirmation

No Approval before confirmation

However, None works for me. The requirement is, not allowing to confirm,authorize a Not Completed Day. e.g. employee reporting only overtime instead of normal time. Day will be in (‘Not Completed’ state)

Really appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, 

In your example, you are missing the normal hours, right? So, you should not allow a negative difference with the schedule (Allowed negative difference to schedule: 0).

Best regards,

Martin

Badge +4

Hi @Martin Hulsenboom 

I have already set the parameters as 0.

Still application allows me to conform and authorize. 

Thats my issue. This way employee can just report OT and complete the day.

I really appreciate if you can show me a way to fix this. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Kavinda,

You can use a combination of the Company Property JOBRECON (e.g. DAY or WEEK) and the Parameter List parameters Allowed positive/negative diff between presence and job hours. I just did a test with the following settings. Result: the day with only overtime was not confirmed.

Sorry for the misunderstanding due to my earlier answer (it was sent too quickly).

Best regards,

Martin

Badge +4

Hi @Martin Hulsenboom 

Thank you for the quick reply. I will check this for sure. 

This seems promising at least for job hour controlled employees.

Best Regards,

Kavinda.