Solved

Absence wage code limit

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 16 replies

Hello

I just set up the absence registration where I joined a wage code to an absence type.

The balance of the wage code for person X is 8 days and the minimum value of the wage code is 0. The problem is that I can register 20 days of absence and I don’t get an error. I can also confirm all these days in the time card.

Also I would like that there is some sort of order in the selection of the types of absence.

Am I missing some setup for this?

Kind regards

David

icon

Best answer by David 26 August 2021, 16:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi David,

Please check whether you have define the absence type in the ‘Limit Definition’

Shehan Almeida. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Shehan

I did at first but then I would need to enter the limits again and I want to use the limits that I already set up in the wage codes. Otherwise I would do the work twice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi David,

Can you please send screen prints of your current setup.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi David,

I think you are referring Balance Id, instead of absence limits? Am I right? If not, in which place you define the minimum value of the wage code as 0.?

Best regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Lasanthi

That is correct. I don’t want to use absence limits, only the balances (balance id) of the wage codes.

The balance id of the wage code for person X is 8 days and the minimum value is 0. The problem is that I can register 20 days of absence and I don’t get an error. I can also confirm all these days in the time card.

Thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Looks like the given employee still has 8 day balance in hand.

If balance definitions are used,  make sure the below basic data is available. .

1. Given absence wage code must be defined with a negative factor in the balance definition. (Then every time absence it recorded the current balance will be reduced. When the minimum balance is reached, error will be given)

1. Balance definition must be connected to a work hour rule.

1. Rule must be connected to he employee.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Shehan

The setup for the balance definitions are OK in our system, we get an error if we try to register more the 8 days in time card result.

But if we register it with the absence module we don’t get an error and can register more then 8 days. These are also registered in time card result where we can even confirm them.

It seems like the system doesn’t look at the balance definitions of the wage codes that are linked in the absence module.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi David,

According to your example, your employee has connected to the balance ID J006. Go to the balance definition of J006 and see whether your wage code is connected. It should be connected with negative factor. (Usually -1). Most probably, you have not connected your wage code properly here. 

Then, when you report an absence with that wage code, it will deduct the reported absence hours from the balance and will update the current balances accordingly.

If your data set up is correct, once you reach the limit, that means 8 hours has already reported, you should get the below error when saving the absence line on absence registration window.

And the reported absence will be deleted.

Hope this helps you to solve your issue.

Please get back if you have any concerns.

Kind Regards,

Lasanthi 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi David,

No, It should give the error as follows both in absence window and absence calendar as well.

Make sure the same wage code is used in both absence Type and Balance Definition.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Shehan

I put print screens of our configuration below, I don’t get the error when I enter more then 8 days in the absence window or calendar. Only when I enter it directly in time card result.

J006-1 (holiday last year) goes into J006.

But also for the other codes I don’t get the error

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I think I got a little further in my research.

The problem is that when I enter an absence directly in time result, I get the error message.

But when I enter it in the interval tab I don’t get the message. In the debugger I also saw that there was a call to an event “time balance exceed alert”.

However there is no action defined (its empty). Does someone know what I should do next?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Adam,

I think this is due to the conversion used for the balance definition J006-1. Since the deficits are converted there is no errors given, Check without the conversion and see whether it works? 

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Shehan

That’s not it, I also have other wage code definitions that are deducted directly.

What I noticed was that when I enter an absence line in time card day interval and save it. It doesn’t give an error that I’m exceeding the balance.

But when I enter it in time card day result, it gives me an error that I’m exceeding the balance when I save it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Shehan

Maybe you could tell me what IFS version you are using?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi David,

Its APP10.

Its difficult to identify the root cause without looking in to the details.

Better if you can raise ticket to the support desk.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

After some debugging we found out the reason but not yet the solution.

It has to do with the version, we are on version 9.

I will create a support ticket.

Thx for the assistence Shehan