Question

Absence Request - Unable to confirm

• 20 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi All,

When the Supervisor tries to Confirm an absence request created on behalf of an employee (who is assigned to the supervisor)  below error message occurs and I’m having a hard time to figure out the reason.

Appreciate your help on this.

Error message 

Absence type Setting

Regards,

Nuwanthika 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Nuwanthika,

Probably, the supervisor doesn’t have the appropriate attribute in his HR access role.

Normally, the possibility to create and confirm an absence request is part of a self-access role, whereas the supervisor can only approve such a request. If you want the supervisor to create and confirm absence requests on behalf of other employees, you have to add the proper Absence Request attribute to the HR access role of the supervisor (or change the definition of the already used attribute).

Best regards,

Martin

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Martin,

Thank you for replying. 

I have re- created the same scenario in the TEST environment and the absence request got “Confirmed”.

As advised, I have checked the  Access role set up as well. Both environment has the same set up but getting two different results. 

Scenario Created in MIG

Supervisor Access Role setup

Below two attributes are not show in the attribute list of the Supervisor for me to add,

ABS_PLAN_REG - Absence Plan Registration

ABS_REQ_REG - Absence Request Registration

Is there any way to add these two attribute to the list ?

Regards,

Nuwanthika 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Probably, the two ‘missing’ access attributes are of the type Self Access. You cannot add those to an HR access role of the type Access. You will have to create similar access attributes, but then of the type Access. In that case, you will be able to add them to your supervisor role.

BR,

Martin

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much, I will do as advised. 

Regards,

Nuwanthika