Question

Absence Limt Usage for Half-day

• 8 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

In my case, Monday to Friday is 8hrs working day and Saturday is 4hrs/half day working day. Sunday is a holiday.

Below is my working hours schedule.

My question is, if an employee applies for a leave from Monday to Saturday the limit should be reduce 5.5 days. But in my case, it is reducing 6 days. Allocate full day for Saturday as well. I need application to consider Saturday as a half day when calculate LIMIT USED. 

Regards,

Malinda

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi Malinda

The absence duration type is working days and the schedule for the working day is 5 hours. The 5 hour day is a full working day therefore IFS will logically consume the full working day when an absence is booked. The alternative would be to set up absences in working hours. Once setup in hours, 5 hours would be deducted from the annual leave balance for Saturday (as opposed to 1 full day).

Regards

Colin

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @COMO,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you request to change Absence Limit Unit as Working Hours and add the employee absence limits in hours limit? 

Regards,

MalinG

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @COMO,

Do we have any other configuration to do this without going for hours basis. My requirement is to define employee yearly limits in day basis. Ex: 11 days, 11.5 days

If an employee request absence on Saturday, 0.5 limit should be reduced.

Regards,

MalinG

Badge +2

Hi Malin

If the employee is scheduled to work a full day, whether it’s for 8 hours, 7 hours, 5 hours etc. when absence is booked in days and a full day is booked, IFS will deduct 1 day, as the system will not be aware that only 0.5 days should be deducted.

In that scenario I think you would require configuration (CRIM) to convert the absence and only reduce a half day from the overall entitlement.

Regards

Colin