Question

absence limit per day

• 30 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I want to set a time limit for a specific absence type for register in a day. For example employees should not be allowed to  request a full day mission(set start time at the beginning of the day schedule and end time likewise)  when day choose the hourly mission type.

I searched on the internet and try many options in IFS but couldn’t found the solution. 

Is there anyone who ran into the same problem and set a limit in a day?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

I tried to understand what your query is.  Can you provide the steps to do what you are trying to do with a screenshot to show where the problem occurs?  Sometimes, autocorrect may introduce words in your query that can be misleading as to the desired end result.  I think that I can probably provide a way to resolve this issue.

Badge +1

Unfortunately I can't take a screenshot because I don't know where to look for the problem but let me give you an example.

We have two types of absence type for mission. 

One for hourly mission that means an employee leaves work for couple of hours and one for daily mission that means the employee leave work for a full day.

Now an employee might goes to mission on a non work day and wants to register their mission so we can calculate it's time to pay them later.

I want to limit the maximum hours that an employee can register for hourly mission so if they want to register more than the limited absence hour they have to choose the daily mission type(this type doesn't have any limits).

Right now I can't find any solution to limit the first absence type hours on a day

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

What does the word ‘mission’ mean?  I have never heard of this work before in association with time worked or not worked.

Badge +1

Oh! It might be because of cultural differences but it means when an employee leaves the office to do some tasks outside the company or another example a boss sends an employee to a meeting but it's not their working days so we calculate the times that they spend on this tasks to pay them later. 

So do you have any terms like that and what do you call it and also if you have do you have any solution for me?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I’m sorry, but I don’t think I can help you.  I would need a screen shot of where you define the absence and absence type.  Which version of the software are you using?  Which country are you located?  To do what I was considering, it means that you would need access to the technical side, like IT manager or software support in your organization.  The version of the software is important, because a specific feature could be missing in your version.

Badge +1

Here is what you asked.

we are using ifs v10 update 15.

I want to know first if I can set a time limit in a day for any types of absence and also to know if I can do it without asking technical team.

In these part we define our absence types and groups
And in these picture you’ll see an overview of absence types