Solved

Absence code to cover gap in scheduled hours

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello 

We have a need for system to automatically fill gap between the schedule and attendance hours. 

For example if employee is scheduled to work 08:00-16:00 and starts working at 09:00 we would like system to automatically generate line of absence for time period between 08:00 and 09:00. 

icon

Best answer by Martin Hulsenboom 9 March 2023, 08:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

In APPS9, I have set up an additional result calculation definition for such a requirement. The same solution is still possible in IFS Cloud.

Best regards,

Martin

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks Martin 

I have tested “Additional Result Calculation Definition” and “Additional Result Calculation Setup” and the results are great. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Another quick question. If employee clock in with Absence, the additional result is still calculated because it only takes into consideration missing standard working hours. Where could I adjust the settings so that the additional result only calculated if there are no other wage code for that interval of the schedule. 

in below example, employee started with absence at 10:30 which generated 3hours of absence, but additional result of 3 hours was also generated. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

In that case, you’ll first have to sum all relevant registrations, e.g. using a fake wage code for calculations only (not visible for the end user), and to compare the calculated sum (instead of the normal hours only) with the scheduled hours. For this, you can use the Additional Result Calculation Definition as well.
Here is an example of summarizing wage code registrations (Z999 is the fake wage code):

In the end, you would compare the value of Z999 with the scheduled hours (just like the example in my first answer).

Best regards,

Martin