Question

Why do I receive java.lang.NullPointerException in application messages when creating a customer order?

• 15 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I receive java.lang.NullPointerException in application messages when creating a customer order. Here is the error log I have received.

As I found this is not related to the content of the message. Can someone help me with this please?

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:491)
    at ifs.fnd.util.Str.bytesUtf8ToString(Str.java:295)
    at ifs.fnd.connect.xml.ResponseEnvelope.createEnvelope(ResponseEnvelope.java:48)
    at ifs.fnd.connect.xml.ResponseEnvelope.<init>(ResponseEnvelope.java:43)
    at ifs.fnd.connect.process.AddressProcessor.extractResponseEnvelopeIfXml(AddressProcessor.java:426)
    at ifs.fnd.connect.process.AddressProcessor.processData(AddressProcessor.java:373)
    at ifs.fnd.connect.process.MessageProcessor.processAddresses(MessageProcessor.java:805)
    at ifs.fnd.connect.process.MessageProcessor.processMessage(MessageProcessor.java:343)

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Imanka,

From the stack trace provided, the exception appears to be occurring when trying to convert Unicode UTF-8 byte stream to a Java string. What languages are used in the customer order? Does this happen for all of your customer orders?

Best regards,

Ben

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Ben Monroe ,

Thank you for the reply.

We are using Java and PLSQL. I checked the conversions of unicode UTF-8 byte stream to a Java, and didn’t find any clue.  This happens for all the customer orders. We get the customer order created without an issue, but the NullPointerException is there in the application message. And the message fails.

We got this issue once, and then changed,

Setup IFS Connect->Routing->INBOUND→ attribute to “none”. Then it was okay.

And then, again started to getting the error. 

Thanks, 

Imanka.