Solved

why a custom event on Customerorder table is not triggered when the order is create by inter_site automation?

• 1 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 9 replies

I  created a custom event on Customerorder/Customer_order_tab trigger by record creation, it works perfectly fine when we create a customer order by any way (manual creation, copy , created from quotation) except when the order is automatically created by the inter-site automation

we create the original customer order, the when we release the order, the purchase order is created online, and after a short period of time the additional customer order is automatically created in the source site by a background task.

that is this last customer order creation that didn’t trigger the custom event.

any help or suggestion will be welcome 

icon

Best answer by vito 22 March 2024, 13:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

The event should be triggered. You can add a error message before any logic and check whether the background job which create the customer order get any error.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello Dumeesha

thank you for your answer, actually you are rrigh, after testing with another application type in the custom action i figure out that the custom event is actually triggered.

However i am still not able to execute a BPA from this custom action when it is in “background mode” my message application is trigger but the Workflow not.

Any idea?  is it actually not possible to trigger a BPA when in background ?

best regards

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

As kind of followup and “solution” :

I eventually open a case in IFS support, and after investigation this is a bug in 23R1 that has been corrected in 23R2. unfortunately we are are for the moment using 23R1 and we will probably not migrate before several month in 23R2, however i fix my issue by triggering a script in our Armony server instead of triggering the BPA ...