Solved

Where (which table) are Custom Events stored?

• 4 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

I’m currently looking into if it is possible to take periodic backup of custom events.

The idea is to dump the Custom Events to disk, then use commit them to a git repository. If someone breaks a custom event, we can then easily go back to an earlier version.

I can read stored procedures and such from the database as SQL files, now I’d like to read out the events as well.

But I do not know where to look (or if this is the best approach).

icon

Best answer by knepiosko 4 August 2022, 12:19

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @HenningNT,

You can store custom objects including custom fields, menus etc. and of course CUSTOM EVENTS in an Application Configuration Package.

Navigate to window “Application Configuration Package”, add the basic package details and add the necessary custom objects and export.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

select * from fnd_event_tab;
select * from fnd_event_action_tab;

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Try it with FND_EVENT_ACTION

Best regards

Heinz

Badge +2

Cool, thanks!

Is there a way to filter out only the custom events we’ve made in-house?

Badge +2

Cool, thanks!

Is there a way to filter out only the custom events we’ve made in-house?

Like this, maybe?

select * from fnd_event_tab where event_type = 'CUSTOM'

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If your intention is to version control, the best approach is to add the custom events + actions to Application Configuration Packages and export them as @Bhagya Wickramasinghe mentioned above

I think this is the method call which suppose to export the ACP content.

App_Config_Package_API.Export_Package(packageExport_, packageId_, exportVersion_, exportComment_);

Cheers!

Damith

Badge +2

If your intention is to version control, the best approach is to add the custom events + actions to Application Configuration Packages and export them as @Bhagya Wickramasinghe mentioned above

I think this is the method call which suppose to export the ACP content.

App_Config_Package_API.Export_Package(packageExport_, packageId_, exportVersion_, exportComment_);

Cheers!

Damith

Interesting!

Forgive my ignorance, how do you call App_Config_Package_API.Export_Package, and where does the output go?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You can call this from PLSQL and output is a CLOB IFS message formatted XML of ACP header and items.

With some coding, you should be able to extract the XMLs from the clob.

Here’s an example call to export the ACP content

Cheers!

Damith